If there was one scent that reminded me of summer, it would be the scent of a fresh-cut watermelon. This mimosa variation is as refreshing as it looks! For a non-alcoholic version you can either leave out the champagne or replace it with a sparkling lime soda.
1 quarter of a large watermelon, about 5 cups cut in small pieces
Juice from 6 oranges, about 2 cups juice
1 bottle of chilled champagne, cava, prosecco or other sparkling wine
Sugar to taste, based on sweetness of the fruit
Mint to garnish
- Blend the watermelon chunks with the orange juice and sugar to taste until you have a smooth pure, strain if needed.
- Chill the watermelon orange mix in the refrigerator until ready to prepare the drinks.
- Pour the watermelon orange mix into champagne flutes, about half full.
- Add the champagne or other sparkling wine, pouring it gently to avoid from making a bubbly mess.
- Stir lightly and garnish with a fresh sprig of mint.